I-601-A Unlawful Presence Waiver

Unlawful Presence Waiver I-601-A

The aliens who are in United States more than 6 months but less than one year are subject to a 3 year bar section 212 of immigration and nationality act. Also, the aliens who have accumulated an unlawful presence of more than 365 days are subject to 10 year bar under the Act unless they are exempted from such bar under INA 245 (i) qualification.

The beneficiaries of a permanent residence petition may apply for waiver 601-A, if they have a qualifying relative such as a parent or spouse (must be United States citizen or Permanent Resident) and they can show that such a qualifying relative will suffer extreme hardship if the beneficiary has to depart from United States and wait for the waiver outside the country.

The preparation and filing of waiver 601-A is a lengthy, fastidious and a complex process and requires assistance of a good immigration attorney. Our office has successfully won several waivers for our clients. We not only just represent our clients for waivers, we continue our representation all the way through the consular processing and work with United States embassies or consulates to make sure that our clients get immigrant visas and they don’t face any issues upon their arrival into United States after their interview abroad.

If you need assistance with preparation, filing and consular processing follow-up for your case, please feel to call our office for a free consultation with our attorney, Michael Quddous, Esq., by calling the number below